In this episode we tell war stories about going to middle school in the 1980s. Also we cover the volume 1 trade paperback of the comic Paper Girls. This volume covers Paper Girls #1 through #5.
Is this about zombies? Is it about time travel? Space travel? The 80’s? Gender Issues?
This is a special episode because this is the first episode where neither the Duke nor the Duchess have read ahead. We are both on equal footing with this franchise.
- The Pod crashed because the “Techno Zombies” crossed their own timeline.
- Apple is evil.
- A theme of the book will be that unbridled technological advancement isn’t a good thing.
- Somehow the idea of being on the cusp of adolescence is going to be a major factor.
- I think that Mac will turn out to be gay.
- The Apple corporation has become more powerful than most countries. Apple is taking people to upload their consciousness.
- There is an opposition group who is buying and scavenging all of the pre-calamity tech to try to figure out what Apple has done, and how to undo it. It could also be that only tech that is made before a certain time will allow them to communicate without being spied upon.
- The idea that they are paper girls is going to be significant. I think that they will have to come back to their time with a critical piece of information that will prevent all of this from occurring.